Meet Our Doctor
Dr. Charlotte Nielsen
Dr. Nielsen is a member of the Illinois Optometric Association (IOA) and the American Optometric Association (AOA). She has held several offices in the IOA, including president, and received the “Young Optometrist of the Year” from the IOA in 2000.
Currently, she is the Illinois Key Person Coordinator for the AOA, and recipient of the Optometric Recognition Award from the AOA. Dr. Nielsen was named Illinois College of Optometry’s Alumna of the Year in 2008.
- Doctor of Optometry, 1992, Therapeutic Certification 1996, Oral Medication Certification 2008, Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor of Science, Double Major Biology and Chemistry, Cum Laude 1986 Mundelein College, Chicago, IL.
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation State Board Member 2015–present
- Illinois Optometric Association Keyperson of the Year 2013
- North Central States Optometric Council President 2012–2013
- Illinois Optometric Association Optometrist of the Year 2010
- North Central States Optometric Council Secretary/Treasurer 2010–2011
- Illinois College of Optometry Alumna of the Year 2008
- Illinois Optometric Association President 2007–2008
- Illinois College of Optometry Private Practice Clerkship Site
- Illinois Optometric Association President-Elect 2006–2007
- Illinois Optometric Association Secretary/Treasurer 2004–2006
- Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind Advisory Committee 2004–2008
- Grayslake Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 2003–2004
- Trustee for the Illinois Foundation for Eyecare 2001–2006
- Trustee for the Illinois Optometric Association 2000–2004
- Illinois Optometric Association Young Optometrist of the Year in 2000
- American Optometric Association Illinois Keyperson Coordinator 2000–2014
- Lake-McHenry Optometric Society President 1997–2000; 2011–2014
- Recipient of the American Optometric Association Optometric Recognition Award 1997–2005
- Beta-Beta-Beta Biological Honor Society 1983–1986
- American Optometric Association
- Illinois Optometric Association
- American Optometric Association PAC Presidential Member
- Illinois Optometric Association PAC/PLASMA Member
- Illinois Foundation for Eyecare